To help you battle through high intensity interval workouts, Altra designed the Women's HIIT XT Running Shoe. Altra's first crosstrainer, the HIIT XT features a Quick-Dry Air Mesh upper to keep you cool when your heart rate is sky high, and the wrap-around rubber midsole is ideal for rope climbing, lateral traction, or handstand push-ups—if you dare. Plus, they're so comfortable you might not even want to change into your post-gym sandals after your workout.
- A comfortable training shoe for crushing PRs at the gym
- Quick-Dry Air Mesh upper prevents feet from overheating
- Minimal drop ideal for intense training sessions
- Sticky midsole offers lateral traction while climbing rope
- Moderate cushioning for comfort in and out of the gym
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I wanted to love these and support one of our local Utah companies, (especially because I LOVE my Lone Peak 3.0 shoes from Altra), but found the Hiit to be extremely narrow (I assume this is what they meant by "Women's Specific Fit?) and don't think sizing up would help as they were the perfect length. I would consider trying the men's version, but I've found that the Inov8 All Train and F-lite models are a better fit for me, and the f-lite is available in zero drop which is what I prefer for the gym, so I will likely go with one of those.
These are really comfy, they have a narrower shoe width but fit to size.