Ibex 1 Tent
The Alps Mountaineering Ibex 1 Tent is lightweight for backpacking and comfortable for car camping from fall to spring. With walls built out of no-see-um mesh, you'll have maximum ventilation and airflow on warm summer nights, and the coated floor and fly protect against abrasion and water on rocky campsites or during wet nights. One door and vestibule give you plenty of space to keep your gear organized, and aluminum poles ensure plenty of head space. There are mesh storage pockets inside the tent for keeping smaller items like your keys and headlamps within reach. Alps Mountaineering also added stakes, guy lines, and repair swatches for your convenience.
- 1-person three-season tent for solo adventures into the wild
- Mesh walls allow cross breeze in on warm summer nights
- Two-pole design sets up easily for quick alpine missions
- Fly buckles to tent for adjustability and security
- Extended vestibule keeps gear protected from the rain
- Gear loft keeps important essentials nearby and organized
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My Alps-Mountaineering 1 man tent has seen around 50 nights out in the backcountry; desert, coastal, mountain, and alpine. It is super easy to set up and tear down, it can fit two people if you don't mind cramping it a little, and it does what it is supposed to do. On hot summer days I go without the rainfly, and the inner wall keeps most insects out. It does get pretty loud in the tent in wind and rain even with the rain fly securely tied down. All in all, a great tent for its price and I'd recommend it to backpackers beginner and veteran.
How much does it weigh?