Westgate 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season
The ALPS Mountaineering Westgate 3 Tent keeps you, your fellow trekkers, and all of your gear comfortable and organized when you're on multi-day adventures in the backcountry. When your trips last several days, you can't always predict the weather. That's why ALPS designed the Westgate with three poles to create a strong and sturdy framework to combat surprise storms that are a bit stronger than expected. Its weatherproof fly and factory sealed seams also keep out inclement weather to keep you and your gear dry. This fly securely buckles to the tent and is easily adjustable to keep the weather at bay. Two vestibules allow you to shelter your packs from the storm while internal mesh pockets and a gear loft help keep your small essentials close at hand.
- Freestanding tent that combats surprise storms on backpacking trips
- 3-pole design creates a strong and sturdy tent in inclement weather
- Easily adjustable fly offers weatherproof protection during storms
- Weatherproof fly features multiple vents to increase ventilation
- Mesh roof vents and zip mesh windows allow ventilation for comfort
- 2 doors allow easy entry and exit when you need to get up at night
- 2 vestibules store and keep your gear protected from the elements
- Mesh storage pockets and gear loft help keep your things organized
- Q & A
Is the vestibule large and high enough to sit in a chair during a rainstorm? Measurements provided are too generic to determine. Thanks!
It may be a bit cramped but I think it would be possible.
Great value in a tent!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought this early in 2019. It is my forth tent but I wanted something I could keep some gear inside of and vent really well on damp Northwest days/nights. This is a great tent. I have camped 11 times already in 2019. I had one day of downpouring rain and the rainfly kept the water out of the tent! There was one spot near the vestibule zipper where water appeared to soak into the fabric but it never went through it! I did add a tarp above it on one trip, Owls were nesting above and they are messy creatures!