Phenom 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season
Whether you're flying solo and want a roomy home or are bringing along a friend to enjoy a night under the stars, the Alps Mountaineering Phenom 2 Tent is all the tent you need and then some. Made with a continuous-pole design for added stability, the freestanding backpacking tent is storm-ready and eager to help you push your limits. Its 3-season versatility pairs a mesh canopy—keeping comfy in warm weather—with a removable rain fly for reliable wet weather protection. Alps Mountaineering coated the fly and factory sealed each seam to prevent a single raindrop from seeping through. The tent's 2-person capacity includes a door and vestibule for each camper, and Alps included a gear loft, stakes, and a storage bag for convenient setup and packing down.
- Phenomenal tent for weekend camping with friends and family
- 3-season versatility pairs mesh canopy with removable rain fly
- 2-person capacity includes two doors and vestibules for gear storage
- Continuous pole design ensures sturdiness for windy nights
- Includes gear loft, guy stakes, and storage bag
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This tent just survived golf ball sized hail, pelting rain, and thunderstorms like no other tent I've ever had. A storm started in the middle of our hike and we were terrified to get back to our site and see the damage, only to find that there wasn't any! It was bone dry in side the tent even though the surrounding area was a soupy, muddy, mess. It's also pretty roomy, 2 adults, 1 adult husky, and 1 husky puppy fit fairly comfortably, albeit warm. We had both vestibules open to keep airflow. I've already recommended this tent to three people. Love it!