The Alps & Meters Men's Alpine Hooded Vest certainly has that après appeal, but unlike most post-ski garments of today, this vest can actually handle skiing in the mountains. Alps & Meters hooked it up with a 10k/10k membrane for the same weather protection that most ski shells have, and the combination of lofty down insulation and wool fabric optimizes warmth whether you're in a chilly cabin or a chillier chairlift. Smart details like Pittards leather paneling, bright orange lining, and the removable hood really help the Alpine stand above anything in an après collection.
- An après vest that can actually handle skiing
- 10k/10k membrane offers protection from snow and wetness
- Warm wool shell with lofty down insulation
- Pittards leather panels stay smooth when wet
- Removable hood customizes your coverage from snowy weather
- Reflective orange lining assists with visibility in low light
- Q & A
This is a great winter vest that can be worn skiing or out in the town. The hood fits over a ski helmet. The style is a throwback but the material and functionality is all modern. The hood is detachable. The attention to detail is outstanding and a lot of thought was put into it.
Warm, but the cut isn't flattering
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Small
PROS: This is a lovely looking vest. Very warm and I really, really love the super-high collar. Wool exterior, so water and snow doesn't penetrate.
CONS: My main issue with this vest is that while the performance is good, the cut is seriously unflattering. The cut is almost as though it was designed to fit someone with a beer belly. It is reasonably well fitting around the chest, but leaves a lot of room for extra gut around the waist. As I'm in great physical shape, this extra room makes me look fat, but also severely impacts performance as it allows body heat to escape.
TL;DR: In summary, generally good looking, but if you have a toned body - it will make you look fat.
Alps & Meters
37 - 38.5in
(94 - 97.8cm)
39 - 40.5in
(99.1 - 102.9cm)
41 - 43.5in
(104.1 - 110.5cm)
44 - 46.5in
(111.8 - 118.1cm)
30 - 31in
(76.2 - 78.7cm)
32 - 33in
(81.3 - 83.8cm)
34 - 36in
(86.4 - 91.4cm)
37 - 40in
(94 - 101.6cm)
31 - 31.5in
(78.7 - 80cm)
32 - 32.5in
(81.3 - 82.5cm)
33 - 33.5in
(83.8 - 85.1cm)
34 - 34.5in
(86.4 - 87.6cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Sleeve Length:
- Measure from the center of your back to your wrist with arms held out.