ATB-1 Full Face
You only get one brain, so if you're going to be a fixture on the DH or BMX circuit this year, 6D's ATB-1 Helmet makes a strong case for being the lid you trust to guard your grey matter. The full-face design comes packed full of safety features, along with ample consideration given to lightness and ventilation.
6D achieves the ATB-1's blend of protection and practicality by using a 3K carbon fiber shell fused to its Omni-Directional Suspension liner, which consists of two separate EPS layers. Between these two layers, elastic dampeners work to isolate the innermost layer of the helmet from forces traveling through the shell and outer layer. The layered suspension system anticipates low, medium, and high speed impacts, limiting energy transfer as much as possible. The inner liner moves along three dimensions upon impact, then resets on its own after a crash. Proprietary technology aside, the system addresses serious risks to riders, separating the ATB-1 from more recreational models.
Towards the practicality end, 6D took as much careful consideration to ventilation and construction as it did to safety for the ATB-1. It carved out a ton of intake ports, transfer ports, and exhaust ports to create its aggressive airflow system, guaranteeing fresh air reaches your head while you ride without compromising structural integrity. An anti-odor liner adds comfort along the inside of the helmet, with padding and protection along the jaw, face, and cheeks, as well as a cutaway for freedom of movement along the collar bone. Plus, both the cheek pads and visor were built to be easily released in an emergency.
- Full-face helmet designed for DH, freeride, and BMX riding
- Woven blend shell fused to dual-layer EPS suspension system
- Prepared for low, medium, and high-impact crashes
- Suspension design isolates riders from forces applied to shell
- Thorough ventilation system facilitates cooling airflow
- Extensive facial padding and visor enhance protection
- Item #SDHA01P
- Full Face
- yes, with shear-away visor screws
- ASTM F-1952-10, Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- 8 intakes, 13 transfer ports, 5 exhaust ports
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 3lb
- Shell Material
- carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, KEVLAR