- This application has been built for Microsoft Windows XP users.
- The alert requires Microsoft .net 2.0 Framework.
- Click "Download"
- Click the installation icon
- The alert will show on start up of your computer
- Open Control Panel
- Click "Add/Remove Programs"
- Scroll to "SAC Desktop Alert"
- Click "Change/Remove"
- 6x faster than previous versions (checks for new products every 30 seconds)
- New icon alerts you of a missed notification
- Automated software upgrade notification
- Push-pin feature so Alert window stays on your screen
- Improved bug support
- Login to the site
- Then click "Mail Preferences"
- Uncheck the box for "Daily Dosage"
- Click "Update"
- Forward a Daily Dose email to the unsubscribe address at the bottom of the email
- RSS is a simple, easy-to-use method for distributing online content.
- Sign up by downloading an RSS reader from our "Recommended Readers" section.
- Click the "get feeds" button.
- Select your reader from the drop down at the top.
Recommended readersWe recommend any readers that allow you to set message-checking frequency to 30 seconds. We do not recommend Google FeedFetcher for this reason. People around our office like these readers:
- Bloglines with the Bloglines Notifier
- This is the optimal reader as it notifies you when a new item goes live.
- Firefox Livebooks with the RSS Ticker extension
- Your browser must be active to see the notification.
Steps for changing the update frequency to 30 seconds are as follows:
- Right-click Bloglines Notifier icon in system tray.
- Select "Settings".
- Change "Check messages every" to 30 seconds.
- Click Okay.
- Firefox Livebookmarks with RSS Ticker extension
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click the "Tools" menu and then select "Add-ons".
- Highlight "RSS Ticker" and then click the Options button.
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Under "Update Frequency" choose "30" from the drop-down menu.