Shoulder season comfort.
When camping season starts up in late spring, it's time to break out the Mountainsmith Ptarmigan 35 Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag. Designed for the relatively warm nights of late spring and early fall, this bag will keep you comfortably warm in temps down to the low 40s.
MountainLoft Hollowfibers insulation features synthetic fibers that are, you guessed it, hollow. Not only does this reduce weight, but it actually increases warmth because they can trap more air. If things get a little too warm during midsummer trips, open up the second zipper at the footbox for a little cooling relief. The relaxed mummy shape offers a little more room to move around than typical mummy bags.
A generous neck baffle and form-fitting hood let you turn this bag into a cozy cocoon on the chilliest nights. A 60/40 insulation split places more insulation on top, over your core where you need it most, and uses less on the bottom of the bag to shave weight and bulk. Mountainsmith also included a stuff sack and mesh storage bag for easy storage.
- Lightweight bag for late spring and early fall
- Hollowfibers increase warmth while decreasing weight
- Relaxed mummy shape for balance of warmth and comfort
- Second zipper lets you vent footbox
- 60/40 insulation split for weight savings
- Full-length draft tube retains heat
- Anti-snag zipper reinforcement
- Includes stuff sack and mesh storage bag